Pending Checkins
Arne
2009-06-09 16:56:03 UTC
I have Visual Studio 2005 with Visual Sourcesafe 8.0.50727.42
Whenever I check isomething in our out, inside Visual Studio, I get a
messages that says "Pending Checkings..." and Visual Studio hangs for about
one minute.
Is there an option that I can turn off?
Stand-alone Visual Sourcesafe works much better.
--
Certified Geek, Professional Data Dude
(Doing classic ASP to get paid, and WPF for fun.)
Jeff Clausius
2009-06-10 13:33:26 UTC
Arne:

Is the "Pending Checkins" tab open? What if you "closed" the Pending
Checkin tab within Visual Studio? Does that make things better, worse,
or indifferent?

Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements regarding SourceOffSite -
http://www.sourcegear.com/sos
Catherine Sea via DotNetMonster.com
2009-06-11 03:13:43 UTC
The "Pending Checkins" tab will affect the performace of source control
operations. It is better to close the tab if it is very slow to check in the
files.

Catherine Sea
http://www.scmsoftwareconfigurationmanagement.com/
Arne
2009-06-18 07:21:54 UTC
I am glad to hear that the problem has disappeared. :)

Catherine Sea
http://www.scmsoftwareconfigurationmanagement.com/
--
[URL="http://www.dynamsoft.com"]www.dynamsoft.com[/URL] – the leading